شبكة الدفاع عن السنة

شبكة الدفاع عن السنة (http://www.dd-sunnah.net/forum/index.php)
-   Islamic English Discussion (http://www.dd-sunnah.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Things Every Muslim Should Believe In (http://www.dd-sunnah.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22294)

StraightPath 01-11-03 04:18 PM

Things Every Muslim Should Believe In

[ALIGN=LEFT]Brothers and sisters in Islam, this short article has been produced to clarify some aspects of Islamic Belief (aqeedah). Our belief must be in accordance with the Noble Qur’an and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhummad (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam). In this issue there is no room for our personal opinions or emotion. For the sake of brevity, we will use "(s.a)" for (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam).

The Messenger (s.a) is human

"Muhummad is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels". (Al Imraan 3:144)

"Say (O Muhummad) I am only a man like you. It has been revealed to me that your God is one God". (Al-Kahf 18:110)

"Am I anything but a man, sent as a Messenger". (Al Isra 17:93)

The Messenger of Allah (s.a) said: "I am but a man like you. I am caused to forget as you forget. So when I forget, remind me". (Bukhari)

When a Companion said to the Messenger of Allah (s.a): "it is what Allah wills and you will". He (s.a) replied: "Are you making me an equal to Allah. Say it is what Allah wills alone". (Ahmed)

The Messenger of Allah (s.a) is no longer alive

"Verily you (s.a) will die and verily they will die". (Az Zumar 39:30)

"And We granted not to any human being, immortality before you, then if you died would they live forever". (Ambiya 21:34)

Abu Bakr said: [at the news of the death of the Messenger of Allah (s.a)] "Whoever worships Muhummad, Muhummad is dead, and whoever worships Allah, Allah is Ever-Living, One Who does not die". (Bukhari)

The Messenger of Allah (s.a) said: "Should anyone say ‘salaam’ upon me, Allah returns back my soul to reply back". (Abu Dawood)

The Messenger (s.a) did not possess knowledge of the Unseen

"Say (O Muhummad) I possess no power of benefit or hurt except as Allah wills. If I had knowledge of the Unseen, I should have secured for myself an abundance of wealth, and no evil should have touched me". (Al-Araaf 7:188)

"Say, None in the heavens and the earth know the Unseen except Allah". (An-Naml 27:65)

"Say (O Muhummad) I don’t tell you that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor that I know the Unseen, nor do I tell you that I am an angel, but I follow what is revealed to me". (Al-An’am)

[SIZE=6]
If you ask, ask only Allah![/SIZE]

"You alone we worship, and You alone we ask for help". (Fatihaah 1:4)

"And do not call on others beside Allah. such that will neither profit you not harm you, but if you did that, you would certainly be one of the wrongdoers". (Yunus 10:106)

"And who is more astray than the one who calls on besides Allah, such as will not answer him until the Day of Resurrection, and who are even unaware of their calls to them". (Ahqaf:5)

"And the masjids are for Allah (alone), so invoke not anyone along with Allah". (Al-Jinn 72:18)

The Messenger of Allah (s.a) said to Ibn Abbas: "Whenever you ask, ask it from Allah, whenever you seek assistance, do it by requesting Allah alone" (Tirmidhi)

The dead cannot hear the calls of the living

"Verily you cannot make the dead to hear". (An-Naml 27:80)

"You cannot make hear those who are in their graves". (Al-Fatir 35:22)

The false excuse for Shirk

"And those who take awliya (friends and protectors) besides Him say: We worship them only that they may bring us close to Allah". (Az-Zumar 39:3)

"And they worship besides Allah things that hurt them not, nor profit them and they say: These are our intercessors with Allah". (Al-Yunus 10:18)

Masjids and Graves

The Messenger of Allah (s.a) said:

"May Allah’s curse be on the jews and christians for taking the graves of their Prophets as places of worship". (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood).

"The most of evil of mankind are those who will be alive when the Last Hour arrives, and those who take graves as places of worship".(Ahmed)

"Do not make my grave as a place of celebration, nor make your houses graveyards and ask (Allah’s) blessings on me wherever you may be, because it will reach me". (Abu Dawood)

Ali ibn Talib (ra) said to Abu al-Hayyaa: "Shall I send you as the Messenger of Allah (s.a) sent me; to deface every statue or picture in houses and to level all elevated graves". (Muslim)

If we love the Messenger (s.a) we must follow his guidance

"...And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is severe in punishment." (Al-Hasr 59:7)

"He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah." (An-Nisa 4:80)

"And indeed in the Messenger of Allah you have a beautiful example for him who looks to Allah and the last day and remembers Allah much." (Al-Ahzab 31)

"If any one opposes the Prophet, even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him, and follows a path other than that of the believers, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen and land him in Hell, what an evil refuge." (An-Nisa: 4:110)

and not innovate in the religion

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says "this day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion" (Al-Maidah 5:4)

The Messenger of Allaah said:

"there is nothing that will take you closer to paradise but that I have enjoined it upon you, and there is nothing that will take you closer to hell but that I have warned you from it" (Musnad ash-Shaafi'ee and others).

"I have left behind me two things, if you cling to them you will never go astray. They are the Book of Allaah and my Sunnah" (al-Haakim)

"I warn you of the newly invented matters (in the religion),and every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is misguidance, and every misguidance is in the Hellfire" (an-Nasaa'ee)

"whoever introduces into this religion of ours that which is not from it will have it rejected" (Ahmad)

"so he who follows my sunnah has been guided, and he who follows the innovations has been destroyed." (Ahmad)

"and the best speech is the Speech of Allah, and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad and the worst of all affairs are the newly invented matters (in the deen)" (Muslim)

Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood said, "Follow the sunnah of Muhammad and do not innovate, for what you have been commanded is enough for you." (ad-Daarimee)

Hudhayfah bin al-Yaman said, "Every act of worship that the Companions did not do, do not do it." (Abu Dawood)

Imam al-Awzaa'ee said: "Patiently restrict yourselves to the Sunnah and do not go beyond the positions held by the Sahaabah, hold their position and avoid what they avoided. Take the path of the Salaf-us-Saleheen (the companions and the pious predecessors in the way of the companions), for verily, what was sufficient for them is sufficient for you."

Compiled by Abu Saifillah Abdul Qadir

7 June 2002[/ALIGN]

الساعة الآن 10:19 PM.